The APA is run by parents, for the benefit of parents, children and the School. The APA can help you to familiarise yourself with Abbotsholme and all that it has to offer. We are keen to promote active parental involvement in the school by organising social activities and fundraising events. We can share your concerns, listen to and promote your ideas and provide some social time so if you would like to get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
The Committee is made up of the following parents with their child(ren)'s year group in brackets:
- Carolyn Wilderspin [Chairman] (Year 8, 10 and 11)
- Katie McFarland [Vice - Chair] (Year 6 and 8)
- Sarah Pennell [Treasurer] (Year 7)
- Sak Balgraith [Secretary] (Reception and Year 2)
- Bev Bennie (Year 8 and 10)
- Anita Brennan (Year 2 and 4)
- Mel Brookes (Year 8)
- Leonie Bushell (Year 8 and 11)
- Beth Chiles (Year 9 and 12)
- Doreen Hall (Year 7)
- Fiona Jones (Year 5 and 7)
- Jane Powell (Year 5)
- Steph Walker (Year 9)
- Tina Wright (Year 8)
We try and arrange fundraising and social events throughout the year and members of the APA can also be found at the Friday Parents' Cafe during term time between 3.30pm-5.00pm. You can also donate or purchase second-hand uniform during Parents' Cafe.
You can view our recent newsletter here.
Recent events have included:
- Harvest Supper and Barn Dance - September 2012
- Bonfire Night - November 2012
- Christmas Bazaar - November 2012
- Scavenger Hunt - Friday, 26 April 2013
Upcoming Events include:
- Summer Ball - Friday, 28 June 2013
Grants and financial support for School Projects and Events
The Abbotsholme Parents' Association is committed to ensuring that all money raised at events is donated back to the school and children through projects and events. Abbotsholme staff and parents can apply for money for school related activities, projects and events by filling in a Bid for Funding form. You can download a form here.
Projects that we have recently supported are:
- Refurbishment of the Prep School
- Round Square Fashion Show
- Prep School Christmas Party
- Fleet of Mountain bikes for the Outdoor Education Department
- Year 11 Prom