Pupils from overseas are a valued part of the Abbotsholme community.
Klicken Sie auf Ihre Flagge oben, um mehr in Ihrer Sprache!
Cliquez sur le drapeau ci-dessus pour en savoir plus dans votre langue!
Haga clic en la bandera de arriba para obtener más información en su idioma!
Overseas pupils wishing to progress through the admissions process to gain a place at Abbotsholme School must complete and send in the following documents:
- A hand written or typed English essay by your child / client’s child of 500 words about him / her and his / her interests
- A reference from a teacher at your child / client’s child current school. We have no templates for this and just ask that a letter is completed on your child / client’s child behaviour, ability and conduct within the school
- Last two year’s school reports and exam results of your child / client’s child
- A copy of your child / clients child’s passport (for Non EU pupils)
- Pupils applying for a place and are between 11 and 14 must at least have CEFR A1 level for entry, pupils between 14 and 16 must have CEFR A2 level, and pupils aged between 16 and 18 must have CEFR B1 level
- A completed registration form which can be downloaded here
The admissions team also require a Skype interview with the child / clients child, or for the family to visit the school.
The admissions team will confirm whether you have a place and will then ask your child / you clients' child to complete an Online English Test which can be completed within your child's school or at your agent's office. We will send you an individual number and informarion on how to complete the test. This will give us a clear idea of your child / client's child and the level of English within the Common European Framework of Reference.
For non - Eu Pupils, the Admissions team will produce, from the information above, a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) statement for you to organise a Visa for your child / clients child. Visa’s can only be applied for three months prior to entering the UK.
They are fully integrated into the student body and participate in both the mainstream curriculum and the extensive extra-curricular activity timetable.
Non-native speakers are offered language support throughout their time at Abbotsholme. There are regular excursions focusing on exposure to British culture, as well as meetings with overseas students from neighbouring schools.
The I.G.C.S.E. in English as a Second Language is offered to foreign students entering Years 10 and 11. Those entering the Sixth Form are coached for the I.E.L.T.S. exam in Academic English.
All Abbotsholme students are fully supported throughout the University application process. In the last three years, of our foreign students wishing to study at university level in an English-speaking country, 100% were accepted and took up their chosen degree course. This year our E.A.L. students have taken up places in universities across the United Kingdom and in Australia.
For further information, please contact our admissions office:
Tel: +44 (0) 1889 594265